Monday, April 13, 2015

Crazy For Birds!

 Things are exciting around these parts as spring is finally here! It was a gorgeous 75 F today :) Patio furniture is out, more bird feeders are up including a hummingbird feeder. New is a thistle feeder and already I have a bright yellow pair of goldfinches enjoying it. Not only am I enjoying those birds, but looky here at what else I have been thoroughly enjoying:



                                                                    I am totally


                             
                                                                  in LOVE



                                   with this new Bird Crazy stamp set!!!

  This set is designed by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.There are 6 birds in all, though I've only shown 3 so far. I was so disappointed not to see them at the convention I was at the other week. I couldn't get them out of my head so I caved and ordered them. I got them from Simon Says Stamps-which is a great online source for a gazillion products related to stamping and scrapbooking!They arrived on the weekend and I have been in the middle of such a creative frenzy playing with new stamps and supplies lately! (This is why my online class has not been progressing so quickly).  And  this is perfect for the Simon Monday Challenge blog theme this week which is "in the middle".
  The images were stamped on 90 lb. watercolor paper using Jet Black Staz-On ink. They were colored in with Peerless watercolors. I added some marks with a white pen. Edges are assorted torn washi tapes. Note cards are DCWV.

  In order to keep the mojo going I've had my morning coffee fix, and even made a batch of blueberry pancakes recently:


  And FYI- I only ate two-hubby had the rest:) I also brought out my very favorite spring mug with my favorite flower (the red poppy) painted on it. Joining in with Bleubeard and Elizabeth and the gang at T Stands for Tuesday. Come along and see what everyone is sharing there!

 That's it for today. Planning on a get together with my friend LuAnn this week so we can play with more of our new purchases from the convention:)

" Everyone likes birds. What wild creature is more accessible to our eyes and ears, as close to us and everyone in the world, as universal as a bird."         David Attenborough




   









                     

27 comments:

  1. Mmm, first comment is about the blueberry pancakes. I think if I lived close to you I'd be begging to be adopted, lol. I shared a luscious blueberry pie last week with my holiday friends and it was delicious too. I do like blueberries in any form.
    Those birds are adorable. They have such wonderful expressions. I like how you have used them. Happy T Day :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - It was all very fabulous thank you Linda. And although I still have had no cake, I have had ice-cream, hehe.
    Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Linda! I love your cards!! These bird stamps just make me smile and I want to make more cards with them, too.

    Your pancakes look so yummy - one of my favorite breakfast treats.

    Driving to Pittsburgh tomorrow for an appt. (My daughter and son-in-law will be with me.) Wish you lived close by. :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable birds. I can see why you ordered them. I'm surprised about the recent craft/trade/scrabook show you attended, because Tim Holtz draws lots of attention.

    I can't believe your hubby ate all those pancakes. You sure treat him right (grin). they look wonderful.

    I really enjoyed seeing your poppy mug with your coffee. Spring is TRULY here!

    Thanks for sharing your lovely poppy mug, your pancakes, AND your cute cards with us for T this week, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are cute birds indeed, they look like the game Angry Birds . those pikelets look so yummy
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yout cards are great! I don't own many stamps but those bird stamps are tempting. Almost as tempting as the blueberry pancakes.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your breakfast would suit me to a "T" ;) I have a thistle feeder I haven't used in years. You inspire me to get it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that stamp set! Goldfinches are so lovely, I hope you see a lot of birds at the feeders. Beautiful cards. And yummm pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the earlier visit Linda, and the nice comment.

    I think those bird stamps are as cute as can be, definitely my style of bird stamps. The cards you created with them are just adorable.

    Now your breakfast was definitely NOT for the birds....LOL. I don't know if I could have stopped at just two, they look quite yummy. I like blueberry ANYTHING!

    Have a great week, looking forward to the next three birds......they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards with the happy birdies Linda.. and this pancakes must taste delicious! yummie!
    xxx Susi
    Happy T-Day Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your 'crazy birds' ~ so colorful and creative ~ glad Spring is blossoming for you ~ it is slowly emerging here in MA ~ xo

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quote is so timely dear Linda as I was just talking with a friend about how long birds have been popular in art/craft and such.
    Your cards are cute.
    Those pancakes must have been yummy (Mr M could eat breakfast at every meal)
    It really is exciting to see everything coming back to life again...your feathered visitors sound special.
    Happy T Day
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello and Happy T Day! Linda, your birds are SO CUTE, love them! Hope you share them again with us. YUUUUUUMY pancakes and sweetest coffee cup. I enjoyed yesterday's 70's degree day too, we needed it and I was out as much as I could to soak it up. Too bad it only lasted the one day, back to my sweatshirt and slippers today.
    Thanks for sharing and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cards! Yummy breakfast.
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those tim Holtz bird stamps are just the funniest! I love them! They made some really cute cards. It's supposed to get up to 75 up here, too, today--whoohoo! But we're dry and brown. Green will come...eventually. Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! They are ADORABLE! I can see why you would want them - and many happy pieces will Spring from them I'm sure. I'm a huge bird fan too. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do love those cards you've created... I just may have to order some of those silly birds myself. they are so adorable!!! The pancakes look fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! blueberry pancakes...yes please. Such cute birdie cards! no wonder you couldn't resist, they are adorable! happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your birds are so adorable Linda. These stamps are cute.
    Happy Spring
    hugs
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love your bird stamps! So sweet and fun! And those colors are lovely!
    I would like one pancake.. so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous work!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the crazy birds and your cards are so amazing with them, I love the frames too!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute cards Linda! Those birds look so fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful array of bird stamps! You've made some really adorable cards with them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I just LOVE those stamps..... I love the funky colours you have used on them.

    The pancakes look delicious :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, very funny, beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!