Monday, April 2, 2012

Art Journal Calendar Pages

  Happy April! Hard to believe we are coming up on Easter this week.Thankfully I was able to get a few cards in the mail-whew! I often have the intention of being ahead especially for holidays and yet somehow I seem to be working on them at the last minute.

 I am however keeping up with the 2012 366 Calendar Challenge hosted by Kate Crane on The Kathryn Wheel. The idea is to create a monthly calendar spread with a small space to record something each day. I fell in love with her colorful spreads I'd seen in a Somerset Studio issue ( I think the Nov./Dec. 2011 one) and thought it was such a great idea! I've chosen to add my months for this year in an ongoing art journal. I already love looking back on Jan. and Feb. to read  what I had written. Once in awhile a day may get away from me and that's ok-I just add a bit of art in that space. Kate encourages us to share our spreads, first at the start of a month and then as the completed spread at the end of the month. It is so much fun seeing how other particpants are creating theirs-lots of inspiration!
Oh, you can see my Jan., Feb. and beginning of March calendar spreads here.

 Here is my completed March calendar. I don't have much room for art as my book is a bit small, but I already have a 9x12" book to begin next year :)


   The doodle border at the top and the leaf border along the left are from a set of stamps "Around The Edge" Dylusions, manufactured by Ranger. These stamp sets are awesome!! I also have a backgrounds set. Of course, I'll be adding more eventually. You can find Dylusion stamps and stencils and sprays where I purchased them thru Collage Stuff. Lisa has a wonderful online shop filled with all sorts of new and vintage goodies and her prices are great too!

 and here's the beginning of my April spread:



   I cut out each raindrop shape after much experimentation trying to get the right size to fit them all in. The background is a laser copy of an original background I had painted awhile ago. Note the post it tags at the top right-I have earmarked pages for every month the rest of this year-yup, I am committed to following it thru!

  I've done some other fun things I can't wait to share next time. Thank you for stopping by.

                                        "You can never have too much happy."

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, wonderful, zingy colours - perfect for this time of year. GReat design and I LOVE that background x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages - your March is so colourful and pretty with the butterflies. Look forward to seeing how April turns out...and the rest of the year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages, it is so lovely to see how the pages are transformed by the journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun your raindrops are.Love the bright background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful pages... gorgeous colours and I particularly like the April background! I admire your dedication and patience - experimenting with those rain drops to get them to fit :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages are so colorful and creative, Linda! Love that you are committed to doing these calendars!! Your April background is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So vibrant are your colours, and such a lovely design

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your 2 months pages ! Love the colors of march with the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pages, lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pages are really fun just love the bright colours and the shape of your journal blocks make such a change from square, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have created such pretty pages! I love the way you have used scalloped ovals instead of squares. The teardrops for April are so creative! I'm so happy to meet another blogger from Pennsylvania-we seem to be few and far between!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW your calender pages are wonderful dear Linda!

    I admire all the participants of this challenge...I used to be a big challenge participant...I now wonder how I did it!

    you Go Girl OXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. March & April look wonderful! Neat idea on using a copy of your prior art - we can still see part of it but you haven't 'lost' a whole original behind the days for April. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colours of your pages are just fabulous! Your daily journaling block are such interesting shapes too - we have certainly had plenty of rain in April! Well done for keeping up so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!